The Salt Water Car is jam packed with science, fun, creativity and environmental goodness. This eco warrior’s concept car looks superb once built and will teach children about the potential of clean energy.
To run, simply assemble and then add about five drops of salt water onto the magnesium strips and the engine will begin to run for up to 15 minutes. You can power your little truck with a flat engine, although we personally think a big beefy ‘V’ shape looks better. The twist body and adjustable height makes the vehicle more customisable and the four wheel drive will help it over lumps and bumps in the roads. The snap together parts are easily put together without the use of glue and should only take a few minutes to complete the design.
The Salt Water Fuel Cell Engine kit teaches kids about how useful environmentally friendly energy is with different engine configurations and the chance to improve on their engineering skills.
- 4 wheel drives gives full traction on uneven surfaces.
- Removable fuel cell assembly.
- Engine can be flat or ‘v’ shape.
- Pivoting body for more rugged surfaces.
- Adjustable height.
- 4 or 5 drops of salt water create 15 minutes of drive time.
- Some assembly required – detailed assembly instructions included.
- No batteries required – runs on salt water.
- Measures approx. 9cm x 9cm x 12cm.